Welcome. I’m Travis – a Family Medicine physician with practice experience in multiple settings, Chief Medical Officer for 3M’s Clinician Solutions business, and former lecturer in health systems and global health diplomacy.
I have taught medicine in the US, Kenya, and Uganda, and taught in two schools of public health in the US – delivering two courses remotely while teaching in Uganda. My entire path has been a search for how my skills and strengths meet a need, and my ultimate goal is to drive system-level change towards health and equity through diplomacy.
My experience has highlighted for me just how critical good governance and diplomacy are for health. Thus, my partner and I are on the San Francisco Committee for Human Rights Watch.
Please connect if you think our pursuits may have some synergy.
- I joined the Talking HealthTech’s Autumn Summit to interview three doctor friends about drivers of burnout in the Australian system. Previously, I joined THT’s podcast to talk clinician burnout and technology’s role in improving the physician experience.
- My podcast and blog contributions for 3M’s Inside Angle.
- The Texas Academy of Family Physicians Member of the Month feature from October 2017.
- The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine’s DTM&H alumni spotlight.
- A fundraising appeal written for my prior organization, Seed Global Health.
- An old post on KevinMD about meeting the demand for primary care physicians.